Tuesday, December 27, 2011

five years...

It's hard to believe I've been married for five years...
(on the 29th, that is)
Sometimes it feels like I've always been married...
other times not that long at all!






I want to avoid writing a sappy post about how much I love my husband, because, really,
you all know how much I love him!

But I will say that when I look back on the years that I have known him, I can't thank God enough for the story He wrote for us to meet and eventually marry and be where we are today.
I love our story...
and that it is continuing to be written.
I pray it just gets sweeter with time.

Staying married to someone for five years these days isn't done quite so commonly.
I have to choose every day whether or not I'm going to continue loving him.
Some days it's easier, some days it's harder -
But it's always worth it.

We couldn't do it this well without our community.
We are so thankful that God has us in Tucson, at Second Mile,
around the people that we are blessed to call our family.
They encourage us, challenge us, pray for us, and love us unconditionally.
And we certainly couldn't last in marriage without God being there with us.
I pray that we'd allow Him to be more and more apart of it
in the coming years we have together.


No comments:

Post a Comment