Monday, January 5, 2015

hebrews 6:19-20

Jumpin' back in the saddle with scripture memory this year! Why I neglected this for so long is a sorry excuse, I'm sure, because this is such a vital way to hide God's word in my heart.

Since my word for the year is focus, I'm going to focus my time toward something I'm already studying, Hebrews. So often I get caught up in the excitement of studying multiple things at once. As good as my intentions are, I eventually burn out at some point and neglect any sort of study whatsoever. Focusing on Hebrews in my scripture memory will allow me to retain even more of what my community has been studying over these last months. I will also be reviewing my previous verses so I can recall those to mind again without hesitation.

The vivid imagery of Jesus as an anchor for my soul is something I can't get out of my head lately, so that's where I'll start:

"We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain, where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek."(Hebrews 6:19-20 ESV)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment