Sunday, February 20, 2011

bitter sweet

I feel like my life has recently been in a perpetual state of forced growth.
Not that this is really a bad thing, just hard.
Maybe you could call it trials? Hardships? Challenges?

Whatever it is... sometimes I feel like God just decided to drop it all on me at once...
just to see what would happen.
Here ya go!
Let's see what you can do!

Obviously I know that's not the case.
Of course, I know they are opportunities to grow.
And yes, I believe there has been growth.
And I hope there will be more to come.

There are still those moments when, in my brokenness, I wish for an easy life.
To be perfectly honest, that's what you could sum up the majority of my life to be: easy.

But I know that's just not at all what Jesus had in mind for us.

"I have said these things to you that you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have over come the world." John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment