Friday, February 25, 2011

grace

"For it is by grace you have been saved through faith--and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." -Ephesians 2:8-10

I've had this verse memorized for about 6 years now. I learned a song that was written with it as lyrics and it's tune is forever burned in my mind. Despite having these words float around in my mind for so long, I'd really never taken much time to ponder them deeply.

I had a conversation with a dear friend lately who has recently been clinging to the grace of God. Her past has lead her mind to be lied into believing that she had to work her way to God. She's just now realizing the true loving grace of God, not by her own works.

Listening to her talk about this made me go: "Wait a second... have I?"
Have I really gotten that whole bit about God's grace being a gift that I cannot earn?

So this has lead me to ponder what it really means to cling to the grace of God...

grace:

the
freely given, unmerited favor, and love of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment