Monday, September 12, 2011

september update

I haven't been keeping up with this very well lately! I'm not even that busy, I just don't know what in the world to write about. I've come close to writing about 4 different entries lately but can't seem to make them cohesive. So, here's another hodge podge blog!

First up: Family Picture!

It was time to take my brother's family picture again so we did that on Labor Day. Isaiah was not in a cooperative mood so this was the best we could get (mom was standing next to me so that's why the kids weren't looking at me).

Such a cute little family!

In my opinion, once September is here, it's time to start putting up fall decor:



These leaves are from an envelope Andrew sent me from Minneapolis when we were dating. I decided to pull them out of their envelope this year. (I'll have to try and take a better pic of them when I have my real camera out)

What amazes me is that they still smell like fall...


On a much more somber note, my Grandma Dunning passed away this past weekend. She'd been in a nursing home for about 3 years and had been slowly loosing her memory for about 4.5 years or so. Even though we were expecting it the last couple of weeks, it's still hard to believe she isn't going to be around anymore.

She is the lady I've inherited all sorts of awesome furniture, jewelry, clothes and accessories from. She sold Avon for years and years, and this adorable suitcase she used to carry Avon in is just one of many neat things I can look at in my house and be reminded of her. (The leather purse was either her's or her mother's that they bought in Mexico, too!)


You will be missed, Grandma.

1 comment: