Thursday, February 16, 2012

He restores

I started this post a while back (August of last year to be exact) -

And I can't remember why I started writing it... !

This is a prime example of something we talked about with friends last night:
If you are a crock-pot (it takes you longer to process things you're learning, etc) you can't let the thoughts simmer so long that they rot!
I am quite guilty of this tradgedy!
I'm trying to be purposeful in thinking through my thoughts with intention and writing them down or getting them out of my mouth before they rot in my brain!

With that said, these words that I wrote a couple months ago are still something I'm thinking about, and am coming around to actually doing something about them:

"I've had my fair share of apathetic attitudes with God in my short life.

And sometimes it's not apathy, but plain laziness.

But there are many times that I haven't done anything because I saw someone better equipped for the job volunteer for it first.

It's so much easier to let someone else take the lead when I'm so unsure about myself, my talents, my abilities."

Wow. This is definitely an issue in my life.

My ability to serve others has been so hindered by my own laziness and insecurity! My ability to veiw myself as God sees me has been none exsistence through most of my life. I've been so focused on myself and my weaknesses that I couldn't possilbly see that I have strengths and that God wants to use them.

I am now in the process of writing a mission or purpose statement for my life. It's going to be hard for me... I still don't feel like I have a clear cut career or vocation driven goal in my life. That's really hard for me because I see so many people who do, who know what they are really good at, and have purpose in it. I don't think I'm quite there yet. I know there are a lot of reasons I'm not there, but I'm determined to get some clarity soon. I know prayer has to be very involved as that's been something I know I've desperately been lacking.

But I found a verse that made the light blub come on in my brain last night that I know God was pointing me to:

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation."
-2 Corinthians 5:17-19

I love making old things new.
I love being able to look at something and seeing the unending potential to remake it or make it better or new again.
Love it!
And God knows all about that!
He renews, restores and reconciles us into new people!
How wonderful is that?

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post Sarah! I love that you are continuing to discover who God has made you to be and what His purpose for you is. Love you!

    ReplyDelete