Thursday, February 26, 2015

trust without boarders

About a year ago, I wrote this post.
I started this unknown journey into something I was scared to do.
I'm not a sales lady, I'd never done anything remotely similar.
Little did I know, that saying yes to Noonday would be exponentially more than I could even ask for.

My friends have rallied behind me and supported Noonday from the very beginning.
They have fallen in love with it and have shared it with their friends and family and coworkers.
I truly couldn't have imagined how supportive my friends were going to be.
I set goals... and saw God move above and beyond them.
I asked friends to host, and host they did.
WAY more than I ever saw coming.

I've seen growth in myself I never expected.
Getting up in front of women to ask them to partner with me has become a joy.
Speaking in front of people was never something on my radar.
I avoided it at all costs!
Now, it's still a challenge, but so rewarding.

As last year progressed and I got super busy from Aug-Dec-
I had no idea that I would be reaching a goal I didn't even set.
My customers supported me and the artisans we work with so much
that I qualified to go on an ambassador trip for summer of 2015!
I was blown away!
I hoped one day I'd get to go on a trip, but I never thought it would happen this soon!

And yesterday I found out where I'm going in July.
Rwanda, Africa.
AFRICA.
I am just... all the feels about this!
Scared.
Confused.
Excited.
Baffled.
Thankful.
Freaking out.
In Awe.

For some reason, I just didn't think I would be going to Africa.
I thought for sure I'd be going to Central/South America.
But God is sending me to Africa.
Rwanda.
Somewhere completely outside my comfort zone.
Flying across a lot of water, being somewhere completely foreign to my brain.


I can't get that song out of my head.
It's come up multiple times in the last week and then after getting this news, this line won't leave my head!
I have finally learned that God always puts me in these places so I can complete rely on Him.
Places I'm scared, doubtful, apprehensive.
He uses these to gain an even stronger grip on my heart and show His power is made perfect in my weakness.

Here is a story about Grace, one of the artisans I will get to meet this summer.
Here is a picture of the women in the co-op we'll get to spend our time with:

If you followed along last summer with the Noonday Style for Justice trip, these are the women I get to meet!
These are the stories I get to see and hear.

Who am I that I get to do this?
Blessed beyond measure.

Oh, and you bet your bottom dollar that I'll be asking every single one of you who've been to Africa a lot of questions in the coming months!

No comments:

Post a Comment