Thursday, April 21, 2011

more cake & flowers, just for fun

I enjoyed decorating my own birthday cake so much (which I do every year) that when I got my Real Simple in the mail and found their section on cakes, I was very excited to try it out! It was A LOT of work making it all from scratch (not to mention time consuming!) but I was very happy with the result!

We shared it at small group last night and it seemed to go over well. I was worried about the strawberries staying fresh so I kept it in the fridge and the cake was a little bit denser (is that a word?) than I would have liked, but it was still very tasty!

Lemon Strawberry Cake
(which consists of : yellow cake, lemon curd filling, lemon frosting, and fresh strawberries)
(Recipe from Real Simple April Issue)




Daffodils from Trader Joe's and Roses from my front yard:



No comments:

Post a Comment