Saturday, October 22, 2011

a season for every activity under heaven...

I never did get to posting this - life just kinda got in the way I guess.
Here's my pictures from going back to Nebraska for my Grandma's memorial.
All of them were taken with my phone so they're not great, but you can get the idea.

We stayed with my mom's mom before going to the memorial.
Here's my Grandma Wing's garden...


...and her with her cat, Mindy.

The trees outside her house...


Here's the graveyard by Pibel Camp that we burried my Grandma Dunning's ashes...

Dad hugging my grandpa...


My aunt bought these, red roses were my grandma's favorite.

The camp is on the other side of the lake there.


The morning of grandma's memorial, it was really foggy on the lake. I walked down there before we had breakfast. It was a pretty powerful experience for me. I'm pretty sentimental about places and things. I was baptized down in that lake when I was nine...



Right there to the right of the dock is where my grandpa baptized me and my brother about 16 years ago...





Here's our little photo montage to grandma and her family...

I was able to read that letter I wrote to her for the service. Even though I wasn't extremely close to my grandma, being the crier that I am, I couldn't hold back my tears at such an occasion. A lot of people came up to me and told me how touching my letter was. My dad told me that it was his favorite part of the service, which really meant a who lot to me, especially coming from him.

Mostly, the experience just reminded me of the importance of legacy.
It made me wonder what legacy I'm leaving behind right now...
and what legacy I want to be leaving behind...

No comments:

Post a Comment